Knowledge CenterKnowledge Center Most Popular TopicsMost Popular Topics Most Helpful TopicsMost Helpful Topics LoginLogin
RSS Feeds
DrillDown Icon Table of Contents Back
 . . . . . . . . . . . . .
DrillDown Icon Bouncer Certification
DrillDown Icon Richard Negrin, Deputy Mayor for Administration and Coordination and Managing Director
DrillDown Icon ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT (including Human Resources, Records, Performance Management, Fleet, Public Property)
DrillDown Icon HEALTH (including Human Services, Supportive Housing, Mental & Behavioral Health)
DrillDown Icon PUBLIC SAFETY (including 1st Judicial District, Police, Fire, Prisons, Probation, Emergency Management, District Attorney)
DrillDown Icon PLANNING & ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT (including Commerce, L&I, RDA)
DrillDown Icon Philadelphia Industrial Development Corporation (PIDC)
DrillDown Icon City Planning Commission
DrillDown Icon What is the function of the Philadelphia Historical Commission?
DrillDown Icon TRANSPORTATION & PUBLIC UTILITIES (including Streets, Water, Airport)
DrillDown Icon General information regarding City Programs and City Partnership Programs
DrillDown Icon FINANCE (including Revenue, Water Revenue, Finance / Risk Management)
DrillDown Icon Welcome to Philly311 Online Information and Request
  Subscribe Email This ArticlePrint PreviewPrint Current Article and All Sub-Articles
Who should I contact for rental assistance?

Department: Office of Housing and Community Development

Template: Contact Log

Type of Inquiry:  Homes/ Housing + Rental or Utility Assistance

Special Notes:   N/A 

 Instructions for the 311 Agent:

   Advise Customer

  • For inquiries about eligibility for assistance with delinquent rent or a security deposit,  please visit the Office of Supportive Housing's (OSH) Relocation Services Unit (RSU) at 5252 N. 13th Street Philadelphia, PA 19141 or visit

No appointment necessary 

1. Walk-in times go from 9:00 AM until 3:00 PM, 

    Monday through Thursday;

2. Friday is an administrative day for RSU social work staff; 

    Office closed to walk-ins;

No appointment necessary but must bring: 
1. Picture identification for all adults;
2. Social Security cards and birth certificates for all household members, 
3. Proof of total household income (must be up-to-date-w/in last  30 days). 
4. Documentation of emergency (from L & I, PDPH, Red Cross, Sheriff's office, Landlord Tenant Court, etc.)

  •  Inquiries about services provided and documentation needed can be directed to our automated line at 215.685.9087
  • Emergency Shelter Assistance Program - provides a one-time grant to prevent eviction, assist with security deposits and temporary shelter payments.  Amounts vary.  Income guidelines apply.  For more information please contact the Pennsylvania Department of Public Welfare at 801 Market St., 5th Fl., Philadelphia, PA 19107 by calling 215-560-1976 or visiting
  • PA Affordable Apartment Locator (PAL) – is a free, web-based service that helps renters search for affordable apartments based on selected criteria.  Information includes apartment locations, accessibility features, vacancies, waiting lists and contact phone numbers.  For more information please visit the Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency (PHFA) website at or call 800-822-1174.
  • Philadelphia Housing Authority (PHA) conventional public housing/scattered sites - Is currently not accepting new applications.  For more information please contact the Philadelphia Housing Authority Admissions Office at 712 N. 16th St. Philadelphia, PA 19130 at 215-684-4300 or TDD for hearing impaired call 800-654-5984 or visit
  • U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) rental assistance program – provides local renting information on affordable HUD-subsidized rentals and special-needs housing.  For more information contact HUD at the Wanamaker Building 100 Penn Square East, 11th Floor Philadelphia, PA 19107 or call 215-656-0500 or visit      

    Ask Customer-   N/A

rental assistance, tenant, housing, low-income housing, 
Related Topics

Modified 10/3/2013